Thursday 19 March 2020

Returning ( or how the past becomes the future)

I started this blog to write about our experiences while we were in the process of upheaval.  Giving up stable lives to come and live a new life in France. The journey was amazing and an experience of ups, downs, fun, stress, steep learning curves...a real journey. After we arrived however, daily life took over and the blog posts got less. Life took on it's own rhythm that just led us along, and I had less need and less time to write.

So what has changed? Well, now we are experiencing one of the biggest challenges of my lifetime in the form of the coronavirus..a new pandemic that could kill hundreds of thousands of people and that has swept from China to Europe and onwards, and changed all of our lives in the process.

So it was time to reinstate the blog..to record and describe our experiences and to try and make sense of them...so more to follow on all of that...

But before I go on..in reopening this blog I noticed that the last post I wrote was about the plague and China!  Too much of a coincidence!

No comments:

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...