A blog about living in rural France, and currently surviving through the coronavirus times.
Thursday, 15 May 2008
The Euros
We have had what are affectionately known as the 'Euros' with us at work last week and this week. We co-run a course with 3 other universities in Sweden, Denmark and Holland and once a year they come over for a module here and enjoy the delights of Southern England. They do a lot of cheek kissing in Europe and depending on where you are from depends on how many cheek kisses you get! I get confused and also a little perturbed when someone that I have only just met plants two (or three) big smackers on my cheek! I have tried to explain that this is one European custom that the English are unlikely to adopt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be more dog
I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...
-
I have gone with the 'men in hats or uniform' theme this week and actually trying to uncover some of the puzzles behind the photogra...
-
This weeks prompt for Sepia Saturday is of three men in hats. I couldn't find three men in suits but I did find a picture of three ...
-
This picture is taken from the begining (or end) of the South Downs overlooking Eastbourne. It was a Sunday afternoon and it shows kids and...
No comments:
Post a Comment