Friday 12 April 2013

A jolly hiking holiday-Sepia Saturday 172

These photographs were knocking around in my mother's wardrobe for years. They bear the scars as both are rather damaged. When I was a child I used to sneak into my parent's room and go through all the photographs in the wardrobe. They contained pictures of my parents before they met each other and before I was born, and were full of fascination.



This group of walkers looked relaxed and happy. The man on the left is my father but the woman next to him is not my mother! She never knew who she was .."just someone he knew before he met me!" (Apparently in his younger days there were plenty of women that were interested in him!)


Thus is the same group, looking very fit and healthy. They could almost be in an advertisement for a health cure!

I'm not sure where they are but my guess would be either the Isle of Wight or Jersey.

13 comments:

21 Wits said...

Absolutely right on theme. They are a happy group too.

Jackie McGuinness said...

They do look very carefree and happy!

Anonymous said...

The picture of a healthy lifestyle!

Anonymous said...

The picture of a healthy lifestyle!

Boobook said...

Lovely photos. Oh to be young again and this fit!

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

Great looking people! Your father looked handsome and fit - I'm sure the girls were after him. It's always funny isn't it to think of your parents in that way...as
eligible singles.

Little Nell said...

Oh yes, bang on theme, and you're absolutely right about the healthy happy smiles they displayed. Wonderful carefree days.

Little Nell said...

Oh yes, bang on theme, and you're absolutely right about the healthy happy smiles they displayed. Wonderful carefree days.

Brett Payne said...

I think we all have those family photos with the mystery friends. Nice shots though.

Bruno Laliberté said...

One always wonder what our parents life was like, before they became our parents...
Great post!!
:)~
HUGZ

tony said...

The Creases in the photograph look like lightening! The do look very fit & Healthy.Brilliant take on this week's theme (sorry I am so late in replying)

Chairman Bill said...

Very Swallows & Amazons...

Unknown said...

Under a cracked sky?

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...