Sunday 7 April 2013

Any Ideas?

There are some really pretty flowers in the meadow. I know they are pretty but I really haven't got a clue as to what they are. Does anyone know?

 
 
This little patch was on the bank of the stream. I caught a glimpse of the purple flash through the undergrowth and came back later with my camera. There were only one or two patches of it.

 
There were quite a few of these in the meadow. They are very delicate, and in the daylight look a little more pink than mauve. They have a long stem and a frond type of leaf.
 
Edit: Thanks to my friend Naomi for the following:
 
The top one is a toothwort but not sure what kind and the bottom one is cuckoo flower, sometimes called ladies smock.

1 comment:

tilly said...

they are so beautiful, whatever the name
Tilly

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...