Sunday, 7 April 2013

Any Ideas?

There are some really pretty flowers in the meadow. I know they are pretty but I really haven't got a clue as to what they are. Does anyone know?

 
 
This little patch was on the bank of the stream. I caught a glimpse of the purple flash through the undergrowth and came back later with my camera. There were only one or two patches of it.

 
There were quite a few of these in the meadow. They are very delicate, and in the daylight look a little more pink than mauve. They have a long stem and a frond type of leaf.
 
Edit: Thanks to my friend Naomi for the following:
 
The top one is a toothwort but not sure what kind and the bottom one is cuckoo flower, sometimes called ladies smock.

1 comment:

tilly said...

they are so beautiful, whatever the name
Tilly