Wednesday 5 March 2008

My favourite music

I got to my French class a little early today so I sat in the coffee shop and listened to one of my favourite bits of music. It is the adagio from the Concierto de Aranjuez by Rodrigo. I think the reason that I love it so much is that I can associate it so much with Spain; particularly the gardens of the Alhambra in Granada. When I hear the music I immediately feel the warm sunshine on my face, can see the oranges on the trees and smell the heat. There is a piece in the music towards the end where the full orchestra joins the solo guitarist in a powerful crescendo. That bit always makes me shiver!



I had initially put the version by Jon Williams but then I found this one by Narcisco Yepes,which I think is much better. He died in 1997 so this must be quite old

No comments:

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...