Saturday 3 January 2009

Norma drags herself into 2009

Back up in London again after a quiet few days in Eastbourne. I felt quite bad to leave the cats as Norma, the old girl is looking more and more frail and has taken to howling rather loudly in the early hours of the morning, when she wakes up and doesn't seem to know where she is. She still eats although not with quite the same enthusiasm as before and when we are in she seems to want constant reassurance. It occurred to me today that it is not going to be too long before I have to think about her future. I have never had to make that decision about a pet before and it is not one I am looking forward to.

2 comments:

Michael House said...

it is a most horrible decision. If she is OK, eating, etc., she is probalby alright for now? Hope so. Maybe she is deaf? I have known of cats making horrible howling noises when they cannot hear that the noise they are emitting is far louder than they intended! Tibby did it, and Ebony, Simon's mum's cat, does it, she is totally deaf. We worry about her if she goes out. She will not hear traffic, not that she goes far.

Lovely's Blot said...

I think she is deaf as she can't hear me calling her or the sound of the tin opener. When I got back last night she was a bit more perky and came out to ask for food. She doesn't really go out either unless it is for a quick pee!

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...