Monday 12 April 2010

Bloody election

I didn't read a paper or listen to English news for the entire 10 days that we were away and I have returned to find that there is an election in May. Not really a suprise but I just can't work out any enthusiasm for it at all. When I was younger I used to be bothered. When Stephen Twigg beat Michael Portillo to win for Labour in Enfield (my consituency at the time) my neighbours and I came out and danced in the street. Now when I look at them all I see complete mediocracy. Nothing inspires me about any of them. Mrs Thatcher was rememberred for starting the 'me' culture and Tony Blair will be rememberred for creating the 'spin' culture. Today I watched a clip on TV where David Cameron spoke about the loss of his son after a long illness (and hence how dedicated he will be to the NHS)  It was very moving but I couldn't help but think what a cynical ploy that was to gain the sympathy vote by using the memory of his dead son. Still, people have done and will do much worse.

I have no idea who I will vote for, I have no interest in things political at the moment and I will not mention the election again here!

No comments:

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...