Thursday 29 April 2010

Slowly progressing


Ian has been focusing on getting the  kitchen finished in his flat. It was the last big job that needed doing before he can think about renting it and needed quite a lit of work before he could even start on the actual kitchen. It has taken several weeks to get this far but the end is in sight and it is looking really nice. I may even get to cook in it once or twice before it goes. After this we need to do the same thing in my kitchen and then later in France. By then we will be experts, although I think I am doomed to have to cook in a temporary kitchen for the next 18 months!

One thing I am beginning to realise is that not working full time doesn't equate to having 40 extra hours to do things in or mean that things necessarily progress much quicker! It does mean that at the weekend Ian has a bit more energy and time to do social things which is nice as there is a danger that we will become so focussed on our end point that we will forget to enjoy the present.

I still haven't decided who I am going to vote for in the election and talking to others there seem to be a lot of people like me..or maybe they have but just don't want to say!

1 comment:

Chairman Bill said...

Make sure Ian doesn't end up with unemployed politicians in his flat.

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...