Tuesday 6 February 2007

Hospital parking moans

I also had to go to the hospital this morning to have a blood test. I discovered when I got there that they have changed the parking fees in the hospital car park. It is now £1.00 for up to 30 minutes, £2.00 for up to 2 hours, and £4.00 for 4 hours etc. Well, how long does a blood test take? If you don't have to wait it takes about 3 minutes but if you arrive after an outpatient clinic has just finished or when there is a waiting room full of diabetic patients then you could be there in excess of an hour. Same is true of hospital appointments in general. If you are seen on time it only takes 30 minutes but most clinics run late. I only had £1.00 in change so I took a chance of half an hour! Last time I parked in a hospital car park without paying the appropriate fees I got a ticket. I was late because my appointment over ran and didn't have any change to pay as I had just been discharged from hospital five days before. I could hardly walk more than a few yards. I appealed the ticket but they still made me pay a £20 fine!

No comments:

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...