Thursday 22 May 2008

Bridge over the Shannon




The University of Limerick is in two counties. The main campus is in County Clare but a collection of departments are in County Limerick, the other side of the Shannon river. I would say that it makes for one of the most attractive campuses I have ever visited but does potentially hamper communication. For this reason a pedestrian footbridge was built across the river. When I last visited it was still being built but now it is fully operational and means that it is a pleasant 5 minute walk to the main campus rather than a 20 minute walk or a drive! The bridge is called the living bridge and is designed to move a little and encourage places to stand and chat and (although I must admit it was a bit too breezy for that!

No comments:

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...