Thursday 15 May 2008

The Euros

We have had what are affectionately known as the 'Euros' with us at work last week and this week. We co-run a course with 3 other universities in Sweden, Denmark and Holland and once a year they come over for a module here and enjoy the delights of Southern England. They do a lot of cheek kissing in Europe and depending on where you are from depends on how many cheek kisses you get! I get confused and also a little perturbed when someone that I have only just met plants two (or three) big smackers on my cheek! I have tried to explain that this is one European custom that the English are unlikely to adopt!

No comments:

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...