Tuesday 31 March 2009

Help needed

I need some help! My sister has asked me to do a short reading at her wedding. It is a civil ceremony so whatever it is must be secular in nature. I don't know quite how this is decided. Is an Apache blessing secular? I guess it depends on your point of view! Having searched Google with terms like 'wedding readings'; poems for a wedding' etc to me it seems that the dividing line between spiritual and religious is quite wavy. Anyway, if any of you have any suggestions then do pass them on! I will then get them down to a short list and let my sister and her husband-to-be make the final choice.

She was quite exited today as she bought her dress; a Versace number. All I know is that she said it is so tight she won't be able to wear any knickers under it!

1 comment:

Chairman Bill said...

I'm actually ordained as a humanist priest. I'm a Grand Heirophant of the Order of the Black & White Eagle in the Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic. I have the certificate to prove it.

www.van-bergen.net/vanBergenPhilipPHierophant.pdf

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...