Sunday 29 March 2009

Local news

Apparently the recession is causing lots of local newspapers to go out of business. I must admit I don't buy national papers anymore but I do sometimes buy our local paper as the mixture of slightly shocking scandal and quaintness makes me smile. These are some of this weeks headlines.

Trees suffer bark damage: the police are appealing for witnesses.

Dog owner criticises council over overflowing dog mess bins.

Garden party takes over whole village.

Study shows that living in West Eastbourne offers the longest life expectancy of any town in Britain.

1 comment:

Chairman Bill said...

At least you don't have to suffer the 'great Old Sodbury bread shortage of 2008'.

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...