Wednesday 24 February 2010

One goodbye will lead to another

Ian's work colleagues gave him a toy tractor, a book on llama breeding, some sheep shears and some money so that we can buy some trees for the land. The land has been heavily farmed and has no hedgerows or trees. We plan a small fruit orchard and would like to plant as many trees as we can to help us to subdivide what is at the moment an enormous field. He has two more days to go.

I also spoke to my managers at work about leaving and I think for the first time they actually believed that I am definately going. Hurrah!  As the time passes I feel more and more that it is the right decision and my days of doubt get less. The don't go completely but then I think if there was no doubt it wouldnn't be so exciting!

3 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Try growing a patch of willow for coppicing and you'll have a good supply of firewood for winter.

Lovely's Blot said...

would like to but we have very little topsoil. BTW..when I visit your blog I seem to get that google redirect thing on my computer. Only from your blog!

The Irascible Fairy said...

I am practising being genomic - Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...