Friday 25 April 2008

Shopping for compliments

I have been trying to bring myself to congratulate candidate 1 on her success but so far I cannot guarantee that I will be able to sound genuine enough so I was taking the cowardly way out and trying to keep out of her way until I had mellowed a bit. This was relatively easy at work and I finally left at 4.30 to go shopping, heaving a sigh of relief! I expect you can guess the next bit.. who should I see going into the supermarket but the very person! Well, at least she couldn't say anything about me leaving early but I really couldn't face a congratulations session over the cooked meats so I spent the next hour ducking in and out of the isles, checking carefully before I approached the veggies that she had not got there before me! It was like something out of a comedy show! I will have to get over my reticence soon!

1 comment:

Michael House said...

Wow, you have been busy! I will read all your posts properly tomorrow. Thank you for reminding me to get mine a bit more up to date. I have been having a few problems, will email. Mostly comical, at least in retrospect!

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...