Sunday 21 September 2008

A gentle Saturday

Yesterday I went on my first mountain bike ride for many months. It was a glorious day; sunny and warm but not too hot. We cycled through one of my favourite views on the North Downs where in the middle of a field, seemingly in the middle of nowhere there is a bandstand with wonderful views to the south. (Actually, I don't think it is a bandstand; more like an observatory) I managed to stop this time and get some photos. I'd forgotten how nice it is to get outdoors and away from cars and traffic.





I've since discovered that this view is Colley hill near Reigate and the 'bandstand' is actually a folly (called Inglis folly). It also has a really impressive ceiling!


No comments:

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...