Tuesday 30 September 2008

Meeting skills

Today I set myself a task of not talking in a meeting for a minimum of half an hour! Usually as soon as the meeting starts my frustration gets the better of me and I open my mouth at the first opportunity and then spend the rest of the afternoon trying to cope with the headache. Today I had a bet with a colleague that I could not last half an hour! Well, I managed although it was really hard. I had to bite my tongue in many places but in the end the meeting managed to reach a resolution without me and other people ended up with the headache! After about 45 minutes I finally had to say something, which is probably OK as it would have looked strange if I had said absolutely nothing all day! It is a technique I am going to try and perfect in the 5 hours of meetings that I have to look forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Be more dog

I'm always grateful that we have our dogs. We had never been dog owners up until our move but it had been something that we both wanted ...